Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Conversation About Religion




HIM: So, which religion do you choose now that you know about Islam?

HER: Why do I have to choose?

HIM: Okay then, which religion do you think is the best?

HER: I think they all have their good points.

HIM: Do you believe in Allah?

HER: Yes, I most certainly do believe in a Higher Power!

HIM: Do you believe in Paradise?

HER: Not in the same way you believe in it.

HIM: What do you believe?

HER: I believe Paradise is an expansion of mind.

HIM: But there’s the problem …. If you knew about Paradise, how green it is, how beautiful it is and if you knew that when you enter Paradise you will see all the people you have loved who have died before you, and everything you ever wanted is there before you, you would run to be Muslim.

HER: (smiling) But I don’t really see Paradise so literally.

HIM: If only you knew.

HER: If only I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post evelyn, I have been reading your blog for a while now and never commented, but on a recent trip to Morocco I discovered a dress costume of some sort and thought you might be the perfect person to help me identify it? Can I contact you to send you pictures?
ally

Fouad said...

What A woman can get in Islamic paradise? we all know men will have 72 female Angels and having sex with them, and a river of wine ... but what a woman will have?
Evelyn good conversation, if you believe in God you know he gives the free will to everyone to choose what they want to follow, and none has right to force others to believe as they want.