Monday, March 1, 2010

The Case of the Missing Underwear

While enjoying a relaxing cup of coffee at CafĂ© Clock the other day, a recent posting on Trip Advisor was pointed out to me by an acquaintance. A local riad was panned for what seemed like an unbelievable situation. The guest reported that someone got access to his room, rummaged through the suitcases, and stole his girlfriend’s used underwear.

We were shaking our heads at the ludicrous situation when a Moroccan friend volunteered that the underwear was probably used for magic. We were further told that used underwear was one of the ingredients (if you will) used in a spell in which someone wishes to separate a man and a woman. The other ingredients include her maiden name and some of her hair.

Really?

Yes, we were assured. These items and information would be then taken to a woman who performs black magic and the woman and the man would then be separated.

“Then it must have been a woman who entered their room and took the underwear. She wanted the man for herself,” I said.

“Or it could have been a man who wanted the woman”, pointed out my friend.

Either way, I felt sorry for the owner of the riad and sorrier still for the person who took the underwear.

2 comments:

tagalong said...

I thought the story was about a panty-sniffin' pervert until you told about witchcraft. I wonder if some of the panty thefts in the US could be for witchcraft? They have to have hair (hairbrush,perhaps?)but how would they find out the maiden name (unless it was a Moroccan woman, because they all go by their maiden names)?

I love your posts, and love to hear about folklore and subjects such as this. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

My underwear was stolen by the sister of my ex fiance, I never believed in witchcraft, now I know is real, he left me. For all you in love with a Morroccan men beware of those evil women,may God have mercy on them.